5 TIPS TO BUILD AN ERGONOMICALLY CORRECT HOME OFFICE
The demand for work from home has increased drastically, thanks to the pandemic. People started setting up home offices so that they do not lack productivity and professionalism. Ergonomic home office furniture has a very high demand.
There are various points to keep in mind when it comes to setting up a home office.
Here are a few tips that will help you ergonomically:
1) Invest in a good Office Chair:
A good quality office chair goes a long way. Since you are going to spend the majority of your time on your workstation, it is best to invest in a good and reliable office chair. The chair should support the natural S-shape of your spine. If there are any gaps between your spine and the chair, it is recommended to change the chair. If you cannot afford to change the chair, get some lumbar support cushion or any other cushion to support the gaps so that you maintain an ergonomic position.
- Make sure that the chair has a height adjustment function.
- The bottom cushion and backrest should be comfortable.
- The chair should support the natural S-shape of your spine.
- Adjust the height in such a way that your feet are flat on the floor.
Also Read: Office Furniture: the importance of ergonomic office chair
2) Get an external ergonomic keyboard:
The placement of the keyboard is very important if you work on a laptop or desktop for long durations. Make sure that your keyboard does not take up too much space so that you can have the mouse next to the keyboard. Also, keep the following tips in mind:
- Your hands and forearms should be in line.
- Rest your wrists on the armrest or the desktop.
- The arms should be stretched at an optimal length. They should not be too bent or over-stretched.
- The keyboard should be closer to your body than to the computer or laptop screen.
3) An optimal Desk for your workstation:
Buying a home office desk that suits you the best is very crucial for an ergonomic home office. There are a variety of desks to choose from including traditional desks and corner desks.
- Make sure that the desk can easily fit in the desired space.
- The desk should have a height adjust function so that you can adjust the height according to your liking and work while standing and sitting.
- The desktop should be of good quality and have a good weight capacity to hold your laptop or computer screen.
4) Use a mouse that suits you:
Using a laptop’s touchpad or a mouse can be a tiresome task. Thus, it becomes very important to have a mouse that fits your hand perfectly and makes you feel comfortable. Your fingers and wrist may pain after repeated to and fro motion of the mouse. If you do not feel comfortable with a mouse, you can switch it with a stylus and a tablet which may feel better.
Ambiance also plays an important role in setting the mood for work hours. There are a million ways you can make your workspace atmosphere more attractive. It all depends on you and your choices.
- More natural light better productivity.
- Studies have proven that green plants help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Use Noise Cancellation headphones to eliminate disturbing noise, if any.
- Diffusing aromatics like essential oils can set the mood right for boosted work hours and high productivity.
Fast Office Furniture is one of the tops and most reputed brands in Australia. They have a variety of reliable furniture that you can choose from.
Also read: * Beds Buying Guide: Buy a Bed at Economical Price in Jaipur * Ultimate Guide to Furnishing Your Dream Home on a Budget * Selecting The Right Designer Furniture For Your Smart Home